- The central location from which off-scene activities supported by the state or tribal government are coordinated.
- FEMA’s focal point for national resource coordination.
- Composed of senior officials, such as agency administrators, executives, or their designees, who are authorized to represent or commit agency resources and funds in support of incident activities.
- A coordination center that expands to become an interagency facility in anticipation of a serious incident or immediately following an incident.
The Correct Answer:
3. The mac group is Composed of senior officials, such as agency administrators, executives, or their designees, who are authorized to represent or commit agency resources and funds in support of incident activities.
MAC groups stand for multi-agency coordination groups. This group is responsible for acting as a policy-level body or executive during the incidents. It is generally composed of senior officials like agency executives, designers, and the administrations responsible for representing and committing resources to support the incident activities. The other important functions are listed below:
- Support the prioritization and allocation of the resources
- Enables the decision-making process among the appointed as well as elected officials
- Enables the decision-making for managing the incident.
In a few jurisdictions and communities, these groups are located in local emergency operation centers so that they can authorize the additional resources, provides guidance on emerging issues, and approve the emergency authorities.
← Previous question
Next question →
See all Questions of IS-800.D