The Correct Answer:
Effective communication tools are essential if an incident management professional wants to reach out to several people. Whenever a casualty occurs in a considerable area, it becomes essential to inform the people about their security add the upcoming hazards. The most effective communication tools are listed down below:
- Reaching the target audience
- Transmitting the information to the audience whenever they need it
- The information is accessible to the people, even in a resource limitation situation.
The right communication tool is essential to deliver the right information to the target audience to make the correct decision. The vital information is transmitted among the community using a combination of methods. The most common communication tools during an emergency are listed down below:
- In-person events like public meetings and briefings,
- Broadcast media like radio and television
- Social media and Internet
- Print media like magazines and newspapers
These communication tools come with lots of advantages and minimal disadvantages. In the case of print media, the communication method provides all the details to the people and an in-depth analysis of the situations.
It not only helps in educating the people but also prepares them for upcoming situations. The print media is not limited to the people who access it because it is a newspaper or magazine, which is very convenient for the people and less expensive with limited resources.
The main disadvantage of print media is that another spokesperson filters the information or the editors.
See all Questions of IS-242.B