The Correct Answer:
True, Empathic listening is a part of active listening.
Active listening involves paraphrasing and empathy. Whenever a person listens with full awareness, they hear the world and can paraphrase or convert it into the language in their mind.
Active listing means that the other person can understand the meaning of the words, is trying to connect with the message, and has certain beliefs and feelings about the message the speaker delivers.
Empathetic listening needs massive practice because it’s a very highly active listening level. The techniques that can enhance the audience’s listening skills are listed below:
- Whenever you go for a webinar, make sure you have decided to listen and concentrate.
- Observe the speaker’s vocal enthusiasm, delivery, tone, and infection. These are the essential components of the personality of a person.
- Focus on non-verbal communication like hand gestures, eye-to-eye contact, etc.
- Listening without interruption.
- Summarise your thoughts and use your own words to interpret the message.
- Whenever you have any questions in your mind, ask the speaker and clear your doubt
- Whenever a speaker asks for feedback, make sure you are leaving one.
See all Questions of IS-242.B