The Correct Answer:
C. Active listening includes all of the following except ignoring.
Active listening generally involves paraphrasing and empathy. Whenever a person listens to specific words, it does not mean that they are just listening. It means they understand, process, and firmly believe and feel it.
On the other hand, empathetic listening generally needs practice, accelerating very high activeness among the listeners. A few techniques can be used to listen actively to improve listening skills. These factors are listed down below:
- Whenever you are going to a presentation for a speech, make sure you have made up your mind to listen and concentrate. Avoid physical presence and mental absence state.
- Observe the delivery style, enthusiasm, and vocal inflection of the speaker. This will help you to avoid distractions that may present around you.
- Listen without any kind of interruption.
- Try paraphrasing or interpreting the same thing in your mind whenever you are listening to something. Whenever you are stuck, try to ask questions at the end of the speech.
- Whenever speakers ask for feedback, it is better to give them appropriate feedback. It will help to maintain better coordination and relation with the speaker.
- Empathizing, clarifying and paraphrasing are all factors of active listening. Ignoring or not listening to the speaker is the complete opposite of active listening.
See all Questions of IS-242.B