- They are non-objective and cannot be observed
- They comprise features such as motivation and commitment
- They represent characteristics such as personality and work ethics
- They are representative of surface-level diversity
The Correct Answer:
D. They are representative of surface-level diversity is true with respect to biographical characteristics
Biographical characteristics can be defined as how an employee (or any other human being) differs from another, for example, by disability, race, gender, or age. Cultural differences influence the way how we talk to each other or behave with each other. These differences are responsible for impacting our day-to-day life, as well.
The federal emergency management agency tries cultivating a culture responsible for connecting its employees to the organization while increasing flexibility, fairness, leverage, and collaboration among individuals. Cultural values have highly influenced our society, and some of these influences are listed down below:
- The notions of time
- Nonverbal and verbal communication Expectations and style
- The codes of behavior
- The ethical standards for the decision making
- Reactions to situations
The biological characteristics are generally on the surface level of diversity and sometimes may cause discrimination against different employees in an organization. An organization must make a workplace suitable for every employee and not discriminate based on gender, caste, color, or religion.
See all Questions of IS-20.22