The Correct Answer:
True, An Incident Action Plan captures and communicates overall operational and support activities for an incident
The incident action plan or IAP is responsible for guiding the practical activities for proper management of any incident. This plan is very concise and coherent, responsible for communicating and capturing the overall incident objectives, tactics, assignments, strategies, and priorities in both the context, i.e., support and operational activities. This plan is responsible for focusing on the needs or requirements of the future operational periods.
A few factors that make the incident action plan much more effective are listed down below:
- Should be proactive
- Should specify the objectives of an incident
- Should clearly state all the activities that are needed to be completed
- Should assign the responsibility to avoid miscommunication and any type of confusion
- Should identify the needs of resources
- Specify the protocols of communication
- Should list the time that may be needed to complete the objectives
The incident plan may be written or in oral form, only in the case of minor or less complex incidents. The hazardous materials should be well written and appropriately documented in the incident action plan.
← Previous question
Next question →
See all Questions of IS-100.C